Nebraska Association of Home & Community Health Agencies (NAHCHA) Membership Classifications
NAHCHA membership consists of the following classifications:
Provider Members, consisting of licensed or certified organizations, which provide health and/or social services to the sick or disabled in their homes
- Each Provider Member is entitled to one vote at all meetings of the Association, which shall be cast by its designated representative.
- Only one designated representative from each Provider Member may hold a board or officer position.
- Any number of Provider representatives may chair and/or serve on Committees.
- Provider Members must be affiliated with home care, such as direct services, therapies, suppliers, or education.
Associate Members, consisting of non-licensed organizations that provide home care services and organizations or associations that are concerned with, or have an interest in, the development of home care and related services.
- Associate Members are entitled to one vote at all meetings of the Association, which can be cast by its designated representative.
- Only the designated representative from each Associate Member may hold a Board or officer position.
- Any number of representatives from Associate Members may chair and/or serve on Committees.
- Associate Members must be affiliated with home care, such as services, therapies, suppliers, or education.
Individual Members, defined as (1) a member of the Board, committee or staff of, or a person otherwise associated with, a Provider or Associate Member who wishes to join as an individual, or (2) an individual not otherwise associated with an organization, providing home care services to persons in their home with an interest in home care services.
- Individual Members may be elected to the Board with full voting powers in Board matters.
- Individual Members may serve on Committees.
Honorary Members, consisting of persons who have distinguished themselves in furthering the purposes of the Association. Honorary membership is bestowed by action of the Board of Directors. Honorary Members may serve on Committees.
Applications for Nebraska Association of Home & Community Health Agencies (NAHCHA) Membership
Applications for membership must be in writing and must provide such information with respect to the applicant as shall be prescribed by the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors shall establish procedures for determining the eligibility of applicants for particular classes of membership and, consistent with these Bylaws, shall determine the rights and privileges of membership classes.