Join us for the 2019 Nebraska Home Care Association Legislative Day, Industry Partner Expo and Annual Conference on January 16-17, 2019 at the Cornhusker Marriott in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Attendees: Register online or download the registration brochure.
Don't miss these activities:
January 16, 2019 Legislative Day Program and Luncheon with State Senators from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Remarks from Senator Sara Howard, Nebraska Legislature's Health and Human Services Committee Chair
- Legislative Issues Review
- Meet Your Lobbyists
- Luncheon with State Senators
Download these talking points for conversations with your state senator.
Download these webinar slides to prepare for the Legislative Day. Download the webinar recording.
January 16, 2019 Pre-Conference Session "Make Denials a Thing of the Past - Medical Clinical Updates from CGS" presented by Sandy Decker from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
2.0 Contact Hours have been awarded by Iowa Western Community College, Iowa Board of Nursing Provider #6 for this Pre-Conference session.
January 16, 2019 Industry Partner Expo and Networking Reception - exhibitors will give brief reviews of the products and services they provide for the home care industry. You can then visit with exhibitors at their displays and network with colleagues during a cocktail reception.
January 17, 2019 Annual Conference Sessions and Activities
- Annual Business Meeting with Association Update, Board Election and Award Presentation
- Home Care and Hospice Federal Legislative and Regulatory Update presented by Bill Dombi, National Association for Home Care & Hospice President
- The 7 HR Systems to Become an Employer of Choice in Senior Care presented by Anne-Lise Gere from Gere Consulting Associates
- How to Prepare for Successful Electronic Visit Verification Implementation presented by Joe Schnur from Tellus
- How to Recruit and Retain Millennial Caregivers presented by Anne-Lise Gere from Gere Consulting Associates
- LPN-C and IV Therapy Changes and Nebraska's Multi-Regional Nursing Workforce Model presented by Ann Oertwich from Nebraska Board of Nursing, Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
- Interpreting Financial Statements and Dashboards presented by Amber Popek from BKD
- Homebound Requirements and Q&A with Nebraska's Managed Care Organizations - presented by Meagan Weese from UnitedHealthCare Community Plan; Adam Proctor from Nebraska Total Care, and Melissa Humphrey from WellCare of Nebraska
6.75 Contact Hours have been awarded by Iowa Western Community College, Iowa Board of Nursing Provider #6 for the Annual Conference.
Download the Conference Slides and Handouts - these will be posted as they become available from the speakers. Hard copies will not be available at the conference.
Notice of 2019 Annual Business Meeting
The Nebraska Home Care Association’s 2019 Annual Business Meeting is Thursday, January 17, 2019 from 12:15 - 1:15 P.M. Central at the Cornhusker Marriott, 333 S. 13th St. in Lincoln, Nebraska. The annual meeting is planned in conjunction with the 20109 Nebraska Home Care Association Annual Conference. There are three primary items of business at the annual meeting:
Election of board members. Please read the slate of candidates below.
Vote on proposed bylaws amendments to allow employees of Nebraska Home Care Association agency and associate member companies to make individual contributions to the Nebraska Home Care Association Political Action Committee (PAC). Read the proposed bylaws amendments.
Provide a state of the association update.
Slate of Candidates
In accordance with the requirements of the Nebraska Home Care Association Bylaws, the following slate of candidates is presented for election at the 2019 Annual Meeting.
For Secretary (two-year term to begin immediately following the Annual Conference)
Lisa Osborne, CSW, Director Continuum Navigation for Tabitha Home Health Care in Lincoln, Nebraska. Read Lisa’s candidate statement.
- For Treasurer (two-year term to begin immediately following the Annual Conference
Danielle Landen, RN, Administrator Good Samaritan Society Home Care of Central Nebraska in Kearney, Nebraska. Read Danielle's candidate statement.
For At-Large Director – elect two at-large directors (two-year terms to begin immediately following the Annual Conference)
Cassandra Gilbert, RN, WCC, DOCs at PhysMed, Inc. in Omaha, Nebraska. Read Cassandra’s candidate statement.
Barbie Long, RN, BSN, Director of Community Healthcare & Hospice in McCook, Nebraska. Read Barbie’s candidate statement.
4. Associate Director (two-year term to begin immediately following the Annual Conference)
Meghan Cassel, RN, IgCN, Nurse Liaison and Home Health Director for Redline Specialty Pharmacy in Hastings, Nebraska. Read Meghan’s candidate statement.
5. For Nominating Committee (two-year term to begin immediately following the Annual Conference)
Tammy Lofing, RN, Beatrice Community Hospital Home Care in Beatrice, Nebraska. Read Tammy’s candidate statement.
Additional nominations may be made from the floor at the annual meeting. Members nominated at the meeting must consent to serve if elected, before such nominations are accepted.